- Would you like to learn how to create HEALTHY habits, rather than restrictions?
- Do you want to learn how to make eating healthy and exercising feel as NATURAL as brushing your teeth?
- Are you ready to take control of your life by putting healthy eating, nutrition and fitness at the top of your priority list?
Olivia A. Caruso RD, fourteen-year veteran of the Nutrition field offers unique nutrition services in the Allentown area. Olivia Caruso is an experienced educator in nutrition to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. She excels at providing education and support in the area of nutrition, nutrition support, and food safety. Olivia Caruso is skilled at reviewing and interpreting nutritional data to advise accordingly. She has excellent knowledge of current principles, practices, and procedures of nutrition.
During Olivia Caruso’s 14 years of working experience in the field of nutrition she has created comprehensive nutrition educational materials. Olivia is an adult weight management certified dietitian. Olivia is also a SHAPEDOWN certified dietitian which is a weight management certification for children and adolescents.
The nutrition piece provides assessments, counseling (individual and group counseling), education, enteral, parenteral, screening, and monitoring of patients with relevant interventions pertaining to the nutritional needs.
- Educate and advise a wide range of patients with dietary-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits.
- Translate the science of nutrition into everyday information about food.
- Analyze the nutritional content of food and make recommendations.
- Calculate patient’s nutritional requirements using equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors.
- Instruct bariatric patients pre-op and post-op on gastric bypass nutrition education.
- Educate other health professionals (doctors, nurses) about food and nutrition issues.
- Educate parents, informing and introducing them to nutritional conscious diets for their children.
- Provide education materials that we have created for all patients.
- Counseling can be in the form of: individual, group, internet, or telephone.