Inspiring quotes from Joseph Pilates’ book, Return to Life Through Contrology….
5 reasons why you should:
- Like I was saying: it’s one of the best and longest standing forms of movement therapy and rehabilitation there is. Recognized by doctors and therapists around the world, it is often recommended as the preferred way to go about active rehabilitation.
- Compared to MAT PILATES or YOGA (both of which are great), using the Pilates Reformers gives us much more range in terms of the exercises we can teach you and the body parts we can target. We can really work specific muscles and retrain the way you move (often referred to as movement patterns or biomechanics) to heal your body and stop the patterns that cause injury. Basically, there are specific exercises and protocols for almost every injury, mechanical dysfunction and problematic areas of the body.
- The Pilates Apparatus (Reformer, Chair & Cadillac) are all spring loaded for resistance so there are no jarring movements, which means you can exercise at any level of rehabilitation or fitness.
- The PILATES REFORMER adds a lot of support for your body. This allows you to access your stabilizer muscles, and deep core more effectively because you don’t have to ‘cheat’ your way through exercises – meaning you get the very most out of your effort, time and money.
- It’s fun and challenging all at the same time! Pilates requires focus to execute the techniques properly, which keep the workouts from getting boring because there is always something new to perfect. Plus, there are so many exercises in the repertoire that you’ll always be learning something new!
If there any questions at all please contact us.
Caruso Physical Therapy and Nutrition, LLC
Andria Angelico BFA, Certified Body Precision Instructor
1278 Yardville-Allentown Road Suite #3
Allentown, NJ 08501